Sunday, March 26, 2017

A Minimalist Weekday Morning


Weekday mornings are always a rush. There is always something forgotten, always something you can never find, or just something that disrupts your routine.  I remedy this by having a few items that make getting ready easy in the morning and for the rest of the day!

Minimalism has brought to my attention the art of preparation.  It really is true that "failing to plan is planning to fail." Essentially, your chances of having a smooth day can be greatly improved if you just do a little preparing.

For this reason, my morning motto is "coffee, food, snacks, & pack!"  Basically, get everything you need for the entire day, not just what you need when you're walking out the door.  Let me share some of my morning routine with you and my minimalist preparation for the day!

Coffee


One cup before your shower, one for after, one for in the car, one for lunch... and so on.  I think most of us can agree that our coffee consumption is borderline obsessive, but what I worry about is how expensive!  

Recommendation: Brew yourself coffee for the entire day.  I purchased a thermos that keeps my coffee warm for 10 hours, lasting me all day at school and work.  I just have to run out to my car and fill up my coffee mug.  This saves time and money!

Food & Snacks


Eating out is fun, but after a while of quick lunches it really damages your bank account.  

Recommendation: I'm always sure to bring breakfast (either a big bowl of mixed fruits or overnight oatmeal) and various snacks for the day (like pistachios or other nuts, spinach & dressing, or a veggie wrap).  This keeps me going through the day and never leaves me hungry.  It's better to over prepare than be hungry later in the day, especially if  you end up having to stay late at school or work.

Pack it Up!

My favorite style bento box is Planet Box!

Seriously, I'm forever misplacing a top I planned on wearing or leaving my sweater in the car the night before and not remembering. 

Recommendation: I have remedied this through minimalism, by having less.  But also, by taking 10 minutes the night before to pack my backpack and planning what snacks and food I will have for the next day.  This makes sure I have finished assignments and any lose ends that might have otherwise been forgotten until the next morning.


I hope these early morning tips can help make your morning a little easier and the rest of your day a whole lot smoother!

xoxo
The Minimalist Cottage

--

What are your early morning tips? Share below!

No comments:

Post a Comment