Sunday, February 26, 2017

Minimalist Sleep Remedy


Stress seems like a commonality in everyone's lives these days, with many of us suffering from insomnia.  I like to start my Monday's off with a good night's sleep and it all starts the night before...

When I began a minimalist lifestyle, I realized how important it is to tend to the needs of your body.  One way that I began doing this is starting my week off refreshed and cleansed from the week before.  Sleeping well is what I tended to first.

Between copious amount of coffee, anxiety about the coming week, and stress from "adulting," I was not sleeping well.  I hated needing to take sleeping medicine just to get myself to sleep for a few hours.  So I started listening to my body.

Essential oils and massage oils became my nightly routine. And it goes a little something like this...


  • After washing my face and brushing my teeth, just before I head for bed, I apply lavender essential oil behind my ears and take three deep breaths, letting these oils soak in. If I'm sick or have a headache then I will use a blend of essential oils or eucalyptus essential oil.
  • Then I apply a lavender massage oil to my chest, arms, and neck, rubbing it in until fully absorbed.  


This small habit has allowed me to sleep well and wake up feeling refreshed.

What are your #SelfCareSunday night time routines?


Keep an eye out for future #SelfCareSunday posts every Sunday, here on the blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment